Sunday, March 18, 2012

Open House, a Freebie, and Pinerly

Before school starts we have a Curriculum Night to talk with parents and Open House is always in the Spring.  Our Open House is this Thursday and I still feel like there is so much to accomplish!  The students made a slideshow during computer to show their parents what it's like to spend a day in 2nd grade.  We also have been working hard on many projects to have on display.  This year I decided to re-create a student brochure that I came across last year to fit my class.  Ms. Morgart from Curls and a Smile created the original, which is perfect for a Fall Open House.  Be sure to check it out!  Feel free to grab a copy if you can use it!


I made a version for each grade K-3.


Kindergarten
First Grade
Second Grade
Third Grade


Have you heard of Pinerly?  A Pinterest friendly dashboard made by Pinterest fans.  It's a new way to organize your pins and see your stats (kind of like blogger) and helps you to find pinners with your same interest, but they only let you try it out if you get people to sign up!  Would you help me out?
http://www.pinerly.com/i/eMXM1

6 comments:

  1. Hi Ali! The brochures that you created are very similar to the ones that I made and posted on my blog.I know sometimes it is hard to tell where something orignates, especially with Pinterest, but I would appreciate for you to include my blog in your post. Thank you so much!!!
    Curls and a Smile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I searched and searched and couldn't find where it came from and the file didn't have your name on it! All updated! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure! Thanks for adding me! I am loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ali! How have I missed your blog? I'm a new follower and love the brochure! Thanks for making one for the various grade levels!
    Doris@thirdgradethinkers8

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for following my bog. I've now joined yours :)
    And I LOVE your new blog design. It's very pretty.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete